Thursday, January 7, 2010

THURSDAY IS "M" DAY

RECRUITMENT


I am recruiting more followers for this blog. If you read Michael's English Usage with any regularity, I ask you to sign up as a "Follower". Check the sidebar to the right and click on it. I am broadening my campaign for correct language usage and need your support. Sign up today and help to eradicate poor and disgusting English use.


MAJORITY ARE/MAJORITY IS

Explain the correct use of the terms "majority are" and "majority is".
Create sentences that fully depict the correct use of "majority are" and "majority is".

TODAY'S WORD

Because I didn't pay attention yesterday when I chose my word of the day, I repeated the word from Tuesday. I will try to do better.
So, today there will be two words.

Today's word is "minion".
What part of speech is "minion"?
Define "minion" and use it in a sentence.

Today's second word is "meticulous".
What part of speech is "meticulous"?
Define "meticulous" and use it in a sentence.
What is the noun form of "meticulous"?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've linked you to my twitter page. Fancy Schmancy!