Thursday, April 8, 2010

ANOTHER YEAR - A CONTINUING MISSION

 NOTHING

Correct the following sentences and cite the rule that applies.

"Nothing but weeds grows in my yard."

"Nothing except sweet candies appeal to Tiffany."
  

TODAY'S WORD

The word for today is "amorphous".
What part of speech is "amorphous"?
Define "amorphous" and use it in a sentence.


CONGRATULATIONS TO ME:
THREE YEARS AND COUNTING

On April 6, 2007, I published my first blog entry, citing lofty ideals and a mandate to harass professional writers, newscasters and radio and television speakers for so much abuse of the English language. I like to think that, in a small way, I have pushed them to be aware of their obligations to the public and, especially, to young and impressionable readers and listeners.


I take pride in offering a word-a-day to challenge people to broaden their vocabularies.

I also take pride in trying to improve punctuation, sentence structure and grammar.

Today's posting is number 881 and I fully intend to keep going, to keep challenging and to always champion the correct use of the English language.


Please visit my "FRIENDS" who are listed in the column to the right.

Please join the  "FOLLOWERS" of this blog by clicking on "follow" in the box to the right.


Thank you. Come back often.

No comments: