Wednesday, February 17, 2010

MY WRITING MISSION

COPYWRITE/COPYRIGHT

I received a comment yesterday about whether or not my material is under (copywrite or copyright). So today's effort is directed at these words.
Which, "copywrite" or "copyright", is the correct term?
What parts of speech can the correct word be?
Create a sentence for each part of speech of the correct word.

FYI


I use several sources for my grammar, sentence structure and punctuation lessons. Since all of my entries are based on universal rules for correct writing, I make no proprietary claims nor do I acknowledge any sort of ownership or plagiarism. 
With anything that I post from a newspaper, TV ad, radio commentator or other source, I give due and proper ownership to the author. I work on the basis that if someone authored  and put his name to a piece, he owns it, including the errors he might make in his writing and he is fair game for this blog.
I expect correctness in professional writing and speaking and if I don't see or hear it, I claim the right to comment. 


TRUE CYNICISM

Identify the writer of the following brutal comment.

“Some editors are failed writers, but so are most writers.”


TODAY'S WORD

The word for today is "mesmerize".
What part of speech is "mesmerize"?
Define "mesmerize" and use it in a sentence.

No comments: