Find and fix the error in the piece below.
"Pope tell Christians to persevere"
Headline, World Report page, The Windsor Star, Monday, May 11, 2009.
SURPRISE! A TEST!
Identify and give the relationship of the ten phrases in the examples below.
1. Rivers in the north freeze in that province.
2. What is the name of this street?
3. During the war the national debt of Canada increased to a great extent.
4. Snow sifted into our cabin through a tiny crack in the wall.
5. "Into the breach, young men," is a famous saying.
The word for today is "precipitous".
Define "precipitous" and use it in a sentence.
What part of speech is "precipitous"?