Monday, March 10, 2008

FUN MONDAY

HELP

I would like to create some postings that highlight errors in BILLBOARD SIGNS.
Are you aware of any? If so, click on "COMMENT" and give me a location and I will investigate. (Keep in mind that I do not want to go on a safari to get material; Essex County is my limit.) You can remain anonymous and we can have some fun. Keep your eyes open. Thanks.



MANY CHOICES

Correct the errors in the following piece.

"He's been gambling "heavy" for the last three years. Carey loaned a friend some money without the permission of his family. When the person that owed him money died before repaying him, Carey needed a way to get the cash back without his family finding out."
Trevor Wilhelm, "Belief in Lady Luck pervasive", The Windsor Star, Saturday, March 8, 2008.

TODAY'S WORD

The word for today is "apostasy".
Define "apostasy" and use it in a sentence.

1 comment:

Plantonius said...

Although it is not a billboard per se, I have always been bothered by the Shoppers Drug Mart sign that reads, "Open to Midnight." Someone should tell them that midnight ain't a verb.