Thursday, December 13, 2007

SOME RADIO EFFORTS

TRY THIS ONE

I am paraphrasing this one, but I almost swallowed my teeth when I happened to hear this. What is the error? Do not consider that it is an incomplete thought.

"...with myself, Arms Bumanlag at Radio 800 CKLW..."
Arms Bumanlag, CKLW Morning Show, Thursday, December 13, 2007.


HERE'S ANOTHER

What is the error is this sentence?

"There were a bunch there."
Lisa Williams, The Morning Drive, AM 800 CKLW, Wednesday, December 12, 2007, 7:35 am.

AND YET ANOTHER!

What is wrong in the sentence below?

"A crash at Lincoln and Wyandotte has now cleared."
Peter Straw, AM 800 CKLW News, Thursday, December 13, 2007, 9:00 am.


TODAY'S WORD

I like this one.
The word for today is "simulacrum".
Define "simulacrum" and use it in a sentence.

No comments: