SIMPLE GUIDE TO PARSING
Parsing a sentence is easy if you remember a few simple guidelines.
1. Identify the verb. (That's the word that expresses the action. We will expand on this later.)
2. Remember the following word: "What".
3. Ask "What" when looking at each word.
1. What is the action? The verb.
1.a. What qualifies the action? Adverbs, that modify verbs. They answer the questions, "Where?" "When?", "Why?" and "How?"
2. What (who) does the action? The subject of the verb. (Usually a noun.)
2.a. What qualifies the subject? Adjectives, that modify nouns.
3. What receives the action? The object of the verb. (Usually a noun.)
3.a. What qualifies the object? Adjectives, that modify nouns.
To be able to parse you must remember one word, "WHAT?" and apply it logically.
Now, parse the sentence I posted yesterday.
WORD OF THE DAY
The word for today is "fallacious".
Define "fallacious" and identify its root.